Leitz WhisperCut is the premium low-weight PCD jointing head for edgebanders, and the first to utilize field replaceable/sharpenable precision diamond inserts. The light-weight aluminum alloy cutter body reduces machine spindle wear while damping cutting noise by as much as 5dB(A). WhisperCut technology provides the most efficient and economical pre-milling solution available.
What Makes it Better:
|Field replaceable/sharpenable PCD inserts||· Replace inserts instead of heads, at a far lower cost
· Significantly reduced tooling inventory, replacement knives only
· Send knives for service instead of heavy steel cutterheads
|Light-weight body||· Reduced spindle bearing weight
· Jump spindle moves smoothly in and out of cut
· Absorbs and reduces cutting noise -5db(A)
· Safe, easy handling
|High shear (Edge Expert) versions available||· Optimal cut quality due to dramatically reduced cutting pressure
· Exponentially longer tool life due to reduced cutting pressure
· Exceptional cut quality in fragile or textured laminates
· Reduced or eliminated plucking of loose core material
|DFC gullets||· Improved chip evacuation and reduced knife wear/damage|
When to Use It:
For pre-milling in preparation for edgebanding, on both classic and CNC based edgebanders. Custom versions are available for jointing, rebating, v-grooving and angular cuts in abrasive materials.
Suitable Raw Materials:
- Particleboard, MDF, and abrasive materials
- Uncoated, veneered and laminated materials
- Paper-coated, fiber reinforced plastics (glass fiber reinforced, carbon fiber reinforced plastic etc.).
Exceptional finish, tear-free edges, and a straight edge on double-sided laminates.
Add this MVP to Your Lineup:
Download our WhisperCut PDF.
Contact your local Leitz consultant at (800) 253-6070, or fill out the form below, and we’ll get in touch.